Friday 21 November 2014

VEGAN PEANUT BUTTER AND JAM MUFFINS



Okay so these technically aren't cupcakes but I figured it was fitting with what I have been posting lately. These are my own crazy creations that I made because my boyfriend wanted some. I had no idea where I would find a peanut butter and jam muffin recipe so I figured I'd wing it and it was SUCH a success. These babies were amazing and had everyone wanting more! Not only do they look really neat.


 They are good for you and a perfect snack at any time of day. Great attraction for lunches with friends because they look so neat. If you love peanut butter and jam like me you will loveeee these !!!


VEGAN PEANUT BUTTER AND JAM MUFFINS



Recipe
makes 12

1 cup unbleached white flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup graham flour
1/2 cup sugar cane
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup peanut butter
12 tablespoons of jam


Steps

Preheat your oven to 350 F. Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl. Flour to baking soda. Create a well in the middle. Melt your butter and add the butter, peanut butter and milk to the mixture. Stirring while adding contents. Mix together well with a fork to make sure everything is incorporated well. Your mixture should look like this !


Its almost like a cookie dough but it bakes really nice and soft. It also helps hold the jam in the middle when you're filling it. Once your mixture is ready, oil a muffin pan or place 12 liners in muffin slots. Fill eat slot until about 2/3 of the way full. 


Now you're ready to jam!
Using either an icing tool, a butter knife or whatever kitchen tool you have for filling baked goods. I used a butter knife haha. I placed the knife in the middle of the muffin, being careful not to stab it all the way through, and spun it around in a circle a couple times to create a hole. Then I took a big scoop of jam on the knife and placed it back in the middle allowing the jam to drip off the knife into the middle. It worked great and was super easy! I bet it would be ten times easier putting jam into an icing tool but I don't have one. So kudos to you if you do! Haha. 
Once you have filled all your muffins, pop them in the oven for 10-15 minutes and enjoy!!! These are by far the best muffins I've created so far.


Don't they look cool!




No comments:

Post a Comment