Thursday 9 October 2014

TWO VEGANS GO TO VANCOUVER

Last weekend my boyfriend and I hopped on a ferry to go to Vancouver. We went to go see Sebadoh and Norm Macdonald. IT WAS AMAZING. I will say, I got an autographed ep by two out of the three members of Sebadoh.  It made my life a little more complete. ANYWAYS one of the things I LOVEEE about going to Vancouver is how vegan friendly it is. Its almost impossible not to walk by a veg friendly restaurant there. Which is totally refreshing for me since I live on an Island. I wanted to take the chance to check out some new spots I hadn't yet as well as take pictures of the awesome vegan food to show all of you! The population of veg restaurants in Vancouver is just growing as we speak too. I hope we can get a Whole foods in Victoria, they are my favourite!! LETS START A PETITION. 


 First stop was Whole foods. Right as we walked off the skytrain we saw it so we thought why not! We were starving from our travels so we got the grilled veggie sandwich from the deli. It had amazing pesto sauce on it.

VEGAN CROISSANT!! Thats right. It had been so long. My boyfriend and I could not believe how buttery and light they were.  The burrito on the bottom is from BUDGIE BURRITOS. By far the best burritos I have ever had in Vancouver. So cheap and a really funky place inside. Had a total retro feel. Not to mention burrito flag shirts! I loved them. If you're a fan of hardcore punk you will probably know what I'm talking about ;)
Next stop THE BLACK LODGE. We decided we would go there for our pre show dinner. I was SO IMPRESSED. What a cool restaurant. Although very small, we didn't have to wait at all and when we got inside it was well worth it. The whole atmosphere was really cool. The design of the restaurant is simple yet awesome. They really were smart going with a TWIN PEAKS theme restaurant. Punk music was blaring through the speakers. All the servers were super friendly. Pretty much everything on the menu could be "veganized" and I just loveee punk owned businesses. The food although simple, was awesome! Ive been waiting for someone to open a comfort food kinda vegan place. 100% backed restaurant. I will be returning and telling friends about it. 



My boyfriend got the Philly Cheese Steak which I didn't even get a picture of before he started to gobble it up. Haha but it was OFF THE CHAIN. I got the B.A.L.T sandwich. Coconut bacon, avocado, lettuce and tomato. I'm pretty sure they made the coconut bacon in house and it was the best part of that sandwich. I can still taste it. mmm. Oh yeah and thats a PULLED PORK POUTINE. So unique! So delicious. Bravo Black Lodge. 


Heres a picture of us seeing SEBADOH. Right up at the front. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday <3

The next night we went to go see Norm Macdonald. He was extremely intoxicated and extremely funny. One of my favorite comedians. The opener Sean O Connor was so hilarous too. You should check both out if you haven't already!
A little hard to see but you get the idea! 

After the show I was STARVING so we stopped at the Falafel Place just beside our hotel. It was in the 800 block of West Broadway st. Unfortunately I totally cannot remember the name and I feel silly for it because it was actually really good! For late night food i was really impressed. Only 6 bucks too. Well worth it.


Anyways that my Vancouver trip. I was hoping to go to EDIBLE FLOURS but I am going on the 16th for NAS so I will go to more places then and take more pictures and share vegan happiness. I hope this encourages you to go try different things and be open minded! Vancouver, you will always have a place in my heart <3

No comments:

Post a Comment