Tuesday 14 October 2014

VEGAN CHILI

Its definitely fall time in Victoria now


Everything looks beautiful. I love all the colors of fall time! It was actually the first cold day out here so I thought I'd make my first chili of the season. It was a good call because my house smells amazing now. I had half a loaf of portofino roasted garlic and cracked pepper bread too! Its made by a local bakery here and it is THE BEST. (I attached their website on local bakery) I wish I could share it with the world because its sooo good. Here's my recipe:) I hope this warms you up in the coolldd season wherever you are. Cheers! 

Recipe
makes 4-6 servings
1 white onion, diced
6 cloves garlic, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons chili spice
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
Half a red pepper, diced
1 1/4 cup vegetable broth
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
1 can chick peas, drained, rinsed
1 can bean medley, drained, rinsed
1 can tomato paste
4 drops liquid smoke
7 tablespoons chili spice
1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 handful of fresh thyme
4 basil leaves, diced

Steps
Saute your onion, garlic, chili spice, salt and pepper in a frying pan for 5 minutes. 
 I add some chili spice on mine for extra flavour!

In a large pot on medium heat, combine your vegetable broth, all your vegetables and beans, spices (except chili powder), liquid smoke and tomato paste. Stir together well. Cook for 5 minutes. Add your chili powder and stir well again. Bring to a low boil and reduce to low-med heat with a lid slightly opened. Cook for 1 hour. 



Sprinkle nutritional yeast on top and you're done. Easy right?


No comments:

Post a Comment