Saturday 3 January 2015

VEGAN CAULIFLOWER BBQ WINGS

While I was up visiting my family my little sister and I made an amazing christmas dinner.  Christmas dinner in our house is a little tricky because I'm the only vegan. My sister's only eat certain meats and have both been vegans at some point in their lives , my brother eats everything and my parents loveee their turkey and ham. I love a challenge so we made a bunch of different sides. As vegan as we could. I think the only non vegan things there was rice a roni (which is my moms favourite so its a must of course) and the stuffing! One of the awesome dishes my little sister made was spicy cauliflower wings! They were so good and I was so happy she made a special vegan dish. I loved them so much I thought I'd make my own recipe.  So props to my little sister Ivy for inspiring me to make these. So easy and so quick to make. This recipe is easy to change around spices and sauces to your own preference. Experiment and have fun. All of my meat eatin'  family members loved them.  Enjoy:)


VEGAN CAULIFLOWER BARBECUE WINGS



Recipe
1 head cauliflower washed and broken up
4 tablespoons of olive oil *for your baking pan
1 cup unbleached white flour 
1/4 cup corn starch
1 teaspoon pepper 
2 1/2 teaspoons chili spice
1/2 teaspoon salt 
dash of curry powder
2 teaspoons sriracha 
2 teaspoons vegan barbecue sauce
1 cup cold water
1/4 barbecue sauce * for brushing on the wings while they are baking

Steps
Preheat your oven to 400 F.  Oil your baking tray. Wash your cauliflower and break off pieces with stems on the bottom. Its pretty easy to just follow the stem of the cauliflower. If the pieces are too large you can just cut them in half with a knife.
Combine ingredients flour through water in a medium sized bowl. Mix together well with a fork. Dip the cauliflower pieces into the batter with a fork. Allow the excess batter to drip off and place the cauliflower on the pan.



 Repeat for all your pieces and place in the oven.  Bake for 10 minutes. Take the pan out and use your 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce to brush on the cauliflower pieces. Place them back in the oven for 10 more minutes.
When you take them out just let them cool down then you can peel any excess batter dried around your cauliflower.
Put them on a plate and serve! You could serve them with dipping sauce as well.
Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment