Monday 1 September 2014

COCONUT CREAM MAC N CHEEZ


COCONUT CREAM MAC N CHEEZ

This was one of my first original recipes I made after becoming a vegan. I was never a huge fan of mac n cheese as a young person but once I started being vegan I made a little goal for myself to make amazing vegan mac n cheese. I must admit it doesn't taste like the brand name kind that comes in a box but it is surprisingly delicious and much healthier than the store bought kind. Its also quick and so, so easy! Heres the recipe: 

Ingredients:

Half can of coconut cream/milk (both work but cream makes a thicker sauce)
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
3 teaspoon of turmeric
2 tblspoon of curry powder
1/2 teaspoon of marjoram
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3 cups nutritional yeast


Bring coconut cream to a low boil at med temperature in a pot. Add ingredients in order once coconut cream is boiling. Stir spices in thoroughly till there is no bumps or lumps. Stir in nutritional yeast very well and turndown sauce to a simmer and allow sauce to thicken. Stir sauce occasionally so sauce doesn't stick.

While the sauce is thicker you can began to cook your pasta. I'm assuming everyone looking at my blog knows how to make macaroni noodles so I am not going to explain how. However, after you drain your pasta and put it back in your pot pour 1/2 tblspn of olive oil and sprinkle nutritional yeast all over it.

By the time your pasta is ready your sauce should be thick and creamy. You can add cornstarch or garbanzo bean flour to help thicken your sauce if it isn't your desired consistency. Use gluten free pasta noodles to make this recipe 100% gluten free too!

Once your sauce is as thick as you want, turn off heat , pour it all over your noodles and enjoy! 







No comments:

Post a Comment