Tuesday 23 September 2014

"CHEEZY" BROCCOLI SOUP

"CHEEZY" BROCCOLI SOUP

Today is the first day of Fall so I figured my soup was a suitable post. Plus we had it for dinner last night haha. It was amazing! First time I've ever made a quick soup and a blended one. This recipe is super filling and healthy as well extremely easy to make. I was really pleased with the way it turned out. Next time I'm making bread bowls.



Recipe
makes 4 servings
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 white onion, chopped
4 mushrooms, sliced
2 heads of broccoli
1 head cauliflower
2 celery stalks, chopped
6 red skin potatoes, peeled, cut
2 carrots, sliced
3 cups vegetable broth
2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
handful of fresh thyme
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon chili spice
4 tablespoon nutritional yeast

For the CHEEZE sauce I used the same one that I use for my COCONUT CREAM MAC N CHEESE recipe but I used a whole can of coconut milk instead of a half to make it more creamy. I also add 2 tablespoons of spicy mustard to add to cheezy taste for the recipe. See my recipe:) 
In a large pot add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and turn on to low-med heat. Add your garlic, onion and mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes. Next add your broccoli, cauliflower, celery, carrot and potatoes. Stir together and cook for another 5 minutes. Add your vegetable broth and spices. Bring to a low boil. Once its boiling add your daiya to melt it in. Cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft enough to poke with a fork. 
While that's cooking you'll have time to make your cheeze sauce. 


Once your soup is ready and your potatoes are soft enough its time for blending! Separate your soup into two bowls. *Its way too hard to get the right consistency you blend both at the same time.* Blend the first bowl. I left mine a bit chunky and it was perfect that way. I barely blended it for thirty seconds. If you want yours creamier blend it for longer! This part is totally up to you:) Once you've blended both parts combine them again in your pot and add the entire cheeze sauce to the soup. Stir together really well!!

ENJOY!








2 comments:

  1. that looks so good. Today is our first rainy day in FOREVER, and now I just want lots of soup and warm cozy things.

    ReplyDelete