Sunday 28 September 2014

VEGAN PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL COOKIES

VEGAN PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL COOKIES

I loveee me some peanut butter. I used to make cookies with my parents all the time when I was little so naturally it was one of the first things I made and mastered when I went vegan. These are a simple, quick, delicious recipe. I try to avoid using a lot of sugar and butter at all times when baking if I can. I like trying to make my desserts somewhat healthy. So I hope you enjoy these awesome peanut butter cookies.





RECIPE
Makes 9
1 cup unbleached white flour
1 cup organic quick oats
1/4 cane sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup natural peanut butter
3 tablespoons earth balance, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

* you can add coconut, raisins or almonds for extra flavour. I added 2 tablespoons shredded coconut



STEPS
Preheat your oven to 350 F.
Lightly grease a baking pan with butter.
Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix together well. Create a well in the middle and add your peanut butter, earth balance, almond milk and vanilla. Stir together with a spatula for 5-7 minutes or until completely mixed together. All your flour should be absorbed so if its not add tablespoons of milk one at a time till it is. Once your ball of cookie dough is formed use a large spoon to scoop out some of your cookie dough. It should be around the size of a golf ball. Roll it into a ball in your hand. This helps your cookies for forming better and not crumbling. Flatten it out with your hand into a round disc and repeat nine times. Place your cookies onto your baking pan and pop them in the oven! Bake for 10-12 minutes.






1 comment:

  1. I love peanut butter cookies! I'm glad I found your blog at the end of MoFo!

    ReplyDelete