Sunday 14 September 2014

MANGO COCONUT RICE PUDDING

MANGO COCONUT RICE PUDDING 

 I had this one night at my boyfriend bosses house. His wife is Thai so she made this amazing, beautiful dessert that was totally traditional. I loved it instantly and was determined to make my own with a little twist! So this is my mango coconut rice pudding recipe:) Hopefully its some what as good as traditional thai mango sticky rice pudding.




Recipe:
1 cup sticky rice
1 1/2 cups water
1 can coconut milk
pinch of salt
6 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoon cinnamon

STEPS
Soak your rice for 20 minutes in a pot. Do not drain. Add a 1/2 cup more water and 1/2 can coconut milk, pinch of salt, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Stir well together and bring a gentle boil on medium heat. Once it's boiling partially cover it with a lid to allow steam to escape and reduce to low-med heat (2-3). Simmer for 20 minutes or until coconut water is completely absorbed by rice. Once absorbed turn off heat and place the lid on tight. Do not remove this from the burner. Let stand for 5-10 minutes. 

To make the coconut drizzle you simply warm the other can of coconut milk in a pot on low heat. Add the 3 remaining tablespoons of sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Stir together well and allow to warm. 

Slice your mango in long thin slices or cube it! I will put this mango cutting guide here because I know how hard it is to get nice mango chunks. Im pretty awesome at it because I'm fijian and I've been eating mango since I can remember so its pretty easy for me.

Once your mango is sliced place a scoop of rice in a bowl. Make a little indent on the top to help hold the mango. Put mango chunks all over your dessert, pour the coconut drizzle on top and sprinkle with cinnamon and powdered sugar:) 
This is the best vegan powdered sugar.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment